PHRASAL VERBS,PHRASAL VERBS, PHRASAL VERBS!


CLEAR OFF, BRING BACK (1)

clear off = leave quickly


examples:
  • The boys who broke the window cleared off when they saw the owner of the house.
  • Clear off you two! You are nothing but trouble! 
  • They told the neighbourhood kids to clear off. Where are these poor kids supposed to play?
  • The burglars cleared off as soon as they heard the poice siren.
  • I asked for a second chance but he just told me to clear off
  • Clear off! I don't want to talk about it with anyone!
bring back = return something
examples:
  • You can borrow my books but please bring them back soon. I need them for the exams.
  • Bring the car back right now! When I lent it to you I didn't think you would lend it to other people!
  • Could you please bring the money back by tomorrow? I really need it.
  • You lent him your tools? He is never going to bring them back, you know! Whatever I have lent him, he never brought it back!
  • If the dress doesn't fit your sister, you can always bring it back to our shop and change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment