go around = visit people or places one by one
- She went around giving invitations to her wedding to everyone in the room.
- Of course I 'm angry at him! He went around spreading bad rumours about me!
- Don 't go round telling people lies!
- She went round asking if anyone wanted to buy their car.
- They went around kissing everyone goodbye.
- I went around the house to see where the cold wind was coming in from.
- We went round all the shops but nothing fitted her!
- You can't have done something so stupid all by yourself! Who put you up to it?
- One of his bad friends must have put him up to it.
- How could he even think to rob his own father? Someone must have put him up to it!
- A friend of his put him up to giving his money to a total stranger and now he has lost it.
- Someone must have put him up to it. Someone put him up to lying to everyone for some reason. You know John, he would never have done such a thing on his own and for no reason.