take down = remove from a place high
- She took down the old posters and put up new ones.
- When the holidays were over, we took down all the Christmas decorations.
- I took down all my books from the shelves and let Tommy put his.
- We have to take the curtains down one by one and wash them.
- We had to take down all our encyclopaedias from the bookcase to help Judy with her school project.
- We took down all the pictures from the walls and dusted them.
- He has put up posters on all walls in his bedroom.
- The teachers have put up a notice about art classes at school.
- We have put up some nice pictures in the living room.
- We put up some wonderful Christmas decorations all over the house.
- They have put up many signs with useful information on the roads.
- They have put up some important information on the notice board. You should go and check it out.
- The final scores will be put up on the notice board tomorrow.
- We put up the school flag.
- They have both lost their jobs and they are going through a very difficult time.
- Now that they have lost their child they are going through hell.
- After the divorce they both went through a difficult phase.
- You cannot imagine what I went through living with Jimmy as my roommate! He never wanted to do any housework!
- She went through a lot being married to a man with a drinking problem for so many years.
- We 've been going through a bad period recently but we are optimistic.