do without (somebody or something) = manage to live without (somebody or something)
- In the summer I can' t do without lots of water.
- When I 'm at the cinema, I can 't do without popcorn.
- We can 't afford to go on holiday, so we 'll have to do without holidays this year.
- I can 't do without you! You 're my best friend!
- He 's only two years old and he can 't do without his mummy for a long time. He is asking for her all the time.
- You 'll have to do without milk in your coffee. I forgot to buy milk.
- He can 't do without his medicine. It 's too important for his well-being.