follow up =take action based on something
- The police took statements from the victims. They followed them up and soon found who was guilty.
- The security guards followed up many leads but were not able to find the thieves.
- The reporter followed up the story and found out all the truth.
- You didn 't follow up my suggestion. You should have!
- Why didn 't you follow up his idea? It was very good.
- I complained to the police about the noise that had been coming from his apartment, but I 'm afraid nobody followed up my complaint.
- If you follow up the rumour, you will see that it is all true.