knock about = knock around = hit a lot
- Don' t knock about the box. There are eggs in it.
- He 's very violent. People say he knocks his wife and his children around.
- The poor old man was knocked around by the ruthless gang.
- The dog 's house was knocked about by the storm.
- The heavy rain has knocked around our fence in the back yard.
- The plumber had to knock around three walls to fix our plumbing.
- Their marriage broke up after only two years.
- James broke up with Mary last week.
- Is it true they have broken up?
- Her mother never really liked him. Sometimes I thought she was trying to break them up.
- She has broken up with her boyfriend for good this time.
- I always thought this friendship would never break up.