knock out = make someone unconscious
- They 're very strong pills. They knock you out in a few minutes.
- The medicine knocked him out for almost six hours.
- I never drink alcohol. Even one glass can knock me out.
- A flowerpot fell on his head knocking him out.
- A man punched him in the face knocking him out.
- In the boxing match the small man was able to knock out the bigger one in the second round.
- The driver was knocked out during the accident.
- A man knocked out an old man in the street.
- The old woman hit the robber with her bag and nearly knocked him out.