hang on = wait, be patient
- Hang on a second. I think I have forgotten to turn the lights off.
- Hang on. I think somebody is calling for help.
- Hang on, my friend. I know you 're facing difficulties right now but things will soon get better.
- Hang on. I think you 've made a mistake in your calculations here.
- We have to hang on and try tosolve the problem.
- I asked to see him personally but his secretary kept me hanging on for days.
- Can you hang on a minute? I have to make a phone call.
- Please don 't keep me hanging on. I 'm in a hurry.
- The doctor is a bit busy at the moment. Would you like to hang on?