hold onto = hold on to = keep
- Many people lost their property in the war but his family held on to their land and held on to most of their property.
- When you get inside a casino, it is difficult to hold onto your money!
- Many immigrants in foreign countries hold onto the customs of their country.
- Most people believed that he would die but his wife held on to a hope.
- Hold on to these papers. You might need them in the future again.
- He gave away all his toys but held on to some pieces he loved.
- We sold most of our stuff but we held on to our late mother's things.
- Hold on to this man! He is the best guy you have ever met!
- You should hold on to a copy of the contract.
- Hold on to my books. Just don 't throw them away.
- Hold on to this apartment, never sell it. It 's beautiful.