look into = investigate, examine
- There are suspicions that he killed his friend. The police are looking into the case.
- The police are not sure whether it was murder or just an accident. They are looking into every possibility.
- Three detectives are looking into this matter. We expect to hear from them soon.
- My lawyers are looking into the case.
- -There is something wrong with my computer. I cannot download any file. -I will look into it right away.
- We are looking into the possibility of moving to Sweden.
- The government is currently looking into the problem and they are expected to take new measures within the next two weeks.
- There have been many traffic accidents in this area. The traffic police are looking into the situation and are going to take measures.
- Many people have complained to the Town Hall about the garbage. The Town Hall is looking into the complaints and is expected to make an announcement soon.
- The police are looking into the allegations.
- It is a serious qustion and it should be looked into right away by the authorities.