write back (to somebody) = send a reply to somebody who has sent you a letter
- When you get my letter, write back at once! I will be waiting!
- Give my love to everyone and write back soon.
- She wrote back saying she would help me.
- He never writes back. I 'm not going to write to him again.
- I wrote back and thanked him for the kind invitation.
- The shop delivered us the wrong goods, so we wrote back to them at once.
- We always write back to all clients, even those who are sometimes a bit rude.
- The company wrote back to me saying they would look into the matter.