PHRASAL VERBS,PHRASAL VERBS, PHRASAL VERBS!

write your e-mail below and get the new phrasal verbs in comic strips in your mail box

COME ON (1), GET UP (1), TRIP OVER

come on! = do it! (we encourage somebody to do something)

examples:
  • Come on! Call him! I know he will be very happy if you do.
  • Come on! Help him! He is your brother.
  • Come on! Stop crying! It wasn 't that terrible!
  • Come on! Hurry up!
  • Come on! Tell us the truth!
  • You can do it now! Come on!
  • Quickly! Come on! The train is about to leave.
get up =  stand up
  • I wasn 't feeling well but I got up to answer the phone.
  • Get up! Help me carry this. It 's too heavy.
  • We all got up when grandfather entered the room.
  • When the Judge comes into the Courthouse, everyone gets up out of respect.
  • Please, don 't get up. I can find what I want myself. I don 't need any help.
trip over (something) =  hit your foot against something and almost fall
  • While I was running to answer the phone, I tripped over a book and fell flat on the floor.
  • Don' t run in the house, you kids. You' re always tripping over and crying.
  • She tripped over and sprained her ankle.
  • Grandpa tripped over and broke his leg.
  • Pick up the magazines off the floor. Someone might trip over.

    4 comments:

    1. Just Awesome!!!

      I hope you don't mind if I share your blog in my next post in www.quieromilk.com.

      Great idea!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this blog so much. It help me a lot to understand english. I share this blog to all my officemate. Thank you!~

      ReplyDelete
    3. I like this blog very much. It's help me to learn english in very easy manner.

      ReplyDelete