chase out = chase away = chase off = move towards someone and make him/her go away, force someone or a feeling go away
- The next time someone steps in my vegetable garden, I will chase him away with a broom.
- Some animals smell bad and chase other animals off.
- You eat too much garlic and you chase other people off.
- How can I chase flies away?
- Chase the cats away or they' ll eat your fish.
- When little children have nightmares, they rush to their parents' bed to chase away their fear.
- I'm so depressed. I don't know what to do to chase away the gloom.
- Chase away all your worries! Be happier!
- She chased the burglars out by screaming!