PHRASAL VERBS,PHRASAL VERBS, PHRASAL VERBS!


COME UP (5), COUNT DOWN (2)

come up = happen soon
examples:
  • Summer is coming up and we' ll have a lot of work to do at the store.
  • Coming up next is the "Mary Anne Show".
  • My birthday is coming up and I have to start writing the invitations.
  • Our exams are coming up and we all have to start studying.
  • Coming up next in our show after the break: the mystery guest!
count down = wait excitedly and impatiently
  • I'm so excited! I'm counting down the days until the wedding!
  • After all this bad weather for so long everybody is counting down to the coming of spring.
  • -So, are you excited about the trip?
  • -Oh, I'm counting down the days!
  • We are counting down the day until father is back home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment