come over = affect
- When I heard the bad news, a feeling of disappointment came over me.
- When she heard the terrible news, a feeling of faintness came over her.
- When I saw him, a wave of anger came over me and I started shouting at him.
- Why did you talk to your mother like that? What 's come over you?
- You broke all my CDs! What 's come over you?
- You lie to me, you don't answer the phone, you don't call me anymore. What 's come over you?
- I 'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.
- A sense of hopelessness came over us, when we realised the danger we were in.
- A sense of calm came over us, when we realised the rescue team had come to save us.