teem down = rain heavily
- It 's still teeming down. We can't go out yet.
- It 's been teeming down for three days! How long is it going to last?
- It was teeming down, so we cancelled all our pic-nic plans for that day.
- Many students had complained that they needed more time to write at the exams, so they dragged out the duration of the exams for half an hour.
- Let 's not drag out the meeting again. We can finish sooner this time.
- Can you believe they dragged out the party for two whole days? It must have been so exhausting!
- When we visit our parents, they have missed us so much that they try to drag our visit out for as long as possible.
- The negotiations between the two companies will probably drag out for months.
- Let 's end this discussion here. I see no point in dragging it out any further.
- We wanted to drag our trip out for another week, but we ran out of money and we had to come back.