do up = make more beautiful (with nice furniture or nice clothes or make-up or repairs or paint or wharever makes something or someone look nicer)
- Next week we are doing up the house. We are thinking of painting some rooms and redecorating the living room.
- You should do this kitchen up. Everything here looks old.
- Last summer we did our old house in the village up and now it is ready for us to spend this summer there.
- She did herself up for the wedding.
- You look stunning! You must have spent a lot of time doing yourself up!
- She was done up in a beautiful pink dress and matching earrings.
- He spent an hour doing himself up for the party.
- They hired a decorator to do their living room up.