live off (somebody or something) =get money from (somebody or something) to live
- He is fifty years old and he still lives off his parents.
- She has been unemployed for two years and now she lives off her friends and neighbours.
- The rent he gets for this apartment is very important to him. In fact, he lives off this rent.
- Homeless people usually live off what other people give them and what they find in the garbage.
- She had been living off her grandfather while he was alive.
- He lived off the money he had inherited for five whole years.