look over (something) = take a look at something, read something quickly
- I have looked over your calculations and they seem correct.
- I looked over your sketches. You can draw really well.
- I have looked over the statistics. The economy of the country seems to be improving.
- I always look over Zoe 's homework before she hands it in to the teacher.
- The teacher looked over our tests but she hasn 't corrected them yet.
- Always look over your essay before you give it to the teacher.
- We 're thinking of going on holiday this summer and we 've been looking over travel brochures.
- Politicians look over their notes before making a speech.
- The teacher looked the boy over and asked him if what the children had said was true.
- She just looked me over and told me to leave.