PHRASAL VERBS,PHRASAL VERBS, PHRASAL VERBS!


COME ON (1), GET UP (1), TRIP OVER

come on! = do it! (we encourage somebody to do something)

examples:
  • Come on! Call him! I know he will be very happy if you do.
  • Come on! Help him! He is your brother.
  • Come on! Stop crying! It wasn 't that terrible!
  • Come on! Hurry up!
  • Come on! Tell us the truth!
  • You can do it now! Come on!
  • Quickly! Come on! The train is about to leave.
get up =  stand up
  • I wasn 't feeling well but I got up to answer the phone.
  • Get up! Help me carry this. It 's too heavy.
  • We all got up when grandfather entered the room.
  • When the Judge comes into the Courthouse, everyone gets up out of respect.
  • Please, don 't get up. I can find what I want myself. I don 't need any help.
trip over (something) =  hit your foot against something and almost fall
  • While I was running to answer the phone, I tripped over a book and fell flat on the floor.
  • Don' t run in the house, you kids. You' re always tripping over and crying.
  • She tripped over and sprained her ankle.
  • Grandpa tripped over and broke his leg.
  • Pick up the magazines off the floor. Someone might trip over.

    7 comments:

    1. Just Awesome!!!

      I hope you don't mind if I share your blog in my next post in www.quieromilk.com.

      Great idea!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love this blog so much. It help me a lot to understand english. I share this blog to all my officemate. Thank you!~

      ReplyDelete
    3. I like this blog very much. It's help me to learn english in very easy manner.

      ReplyDelete
    4. english course online Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hey friend, it is very well written article, thank you for the valuable and useful information you provide in this post. Keep up the good work! FYI, Pet Care adda
      how to activate flipkart axis bank credit card, the millionaire next door
      ,15 August Poem in English

      ReplyDelete
    6. Visit Preetidevelopers for Best Builders in Bangalore, Rera Approved Plots in Bangalore, Villas in Bangalore for 30 Lakhs, and Eco Friendly Houses in Bangalore. Visit our website for more information in details.
      Best Builders in Bangalore

      ReplyDelete